Hand Wrist & Elbow
Our hands play a critical role in our everyday lives. Without them, even the simplest tasks become much more complicated.
At Bone and Joint Specialists, all of our surgeons are trained in hand surgery and perform common procedures like carpal tunnel and trigger finger surgery. Dr. Baechler, our fellowship-trained Hand Surgery Specialist also handles these common procedures along with a wide array of complex hand surgery
Hand surgery often involves more than just the hands. It can also include the wrist, forearm, and elbow which also contribute to proper hand function. And we have the expertise to care for all of these problems.
Office-Based Outpatient Procedures
The doctors at Bone and Joint Specialists perform many procedures under local anesthesia only. This allows us to do these minor surgeries in the procedural suite at our main office.
These procedures are performed after the doctor injects medication to numb the local area. We use a special preparation of the anesthetic agent to prevent pain at the site of injection. After the area is adequately numb, the procedure can be performed without any pain at all.
There are many advantages to having your procedure done at our in-office procedural suite:
- You may eat and drink before your procedure. You do not need to adjust your diet or miss any meals.
- In some cases, you can drive yourself to and from the office
- No preoperative bloodwork
- No need to start an IV
- No sedation or other intravenous medications
- No nausea or grogginess that can occur with general anesthesia
- Cost is considerably less than at the hospital or surgery center
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Release
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome Release
- Ganglion Cyst Removal
- Excision of Hand Masses and Tumors
- Fractures of the Hand
- Scaphoid Fractures
- Tendon Lacerations
- Lateral Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow )
- Medial Epicondylitis (Golfer’s Elbow )
- Dupuytren’s Contracture
- DeQuervain’s Tendinitis
- Trigger Finger
- Wrist Fractures
- Hand Infections
- Mallet Finger
- Hand, Wrist, and Elbow Arthroscopy
- Hand, Wrist, and Elbow Joint Replacement
Hand Surgery Specialist
Dr. Martin Baechler
Other Services Provided:
Micro Carpal Tunnel Release
Hand & Wrist Arthritis
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Tennis Elbow Treatment
Trigger Finger Care
EXOSTM Waterproof Braces